THE FREERIDE WORLD TOUR EXPANDS TO THREE CONTINENTS IN 2018 WITH NEW STOPS IN JAPAN AND CANADA!
The new season of the Freeride World Tour (FWT) begins with a bang. Today they unveiled the calendar for the upcoming season with a new stop in Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, host of the ONLY stop for the FWT in North America !
Canadian qualified riders include: Logan Pehota, Trace Cook and Kylie Sivell http://www.freerideworldtour.com/news/official-2018-roster-fwt-riders
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort Facebook
Lutry, Switzerland (September 12, 2017) – After a long summer season of anticipation, the FWT launched the official competition calendar featuring a completely revamped competition schedule for the upcoming 2018 season. This year, the FWT unveils two brand new locations for the opening events in Hakuba, Japan and Kicking Horse, Golden, BC, Canada – two legendary freeride destinations. Forty five riders in four categories – ski men, ski women, snowboard men, and snowboard women – will make the five-stop international journey. All riders will face a round of qualification cuts after the fourth stop in Fieberbrunn, Austria before arriving at the grand finale in Verbier, Switzerland in March/April 2018.
- NEW FOR 2018 – Hakuba, Japan – January 20-27, 2018 – The Winter Begins
- NEW FOR 2018 – Kicking Horse, Golden, BC, Canada – February 3-9, 2018 – Time To Get Rowdy
- Vallnord-Arcalís, Andorra – March 1-7, 2018 – Hold The Line
- Fieberbrunn, Austria – March 9-15, 2018 – Crunch Time
- Verbier, Switzerland – March 31 – April 8, 2018 – The Grand Finale
Be sure to follow the latest competition and rider news on www.freerideworldtour.com and follow the FWT on Facebook and Instagram.